Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The Princess Talks

Seeing my princess growing so fast really overwhelms me. There were times that I just enjoy staring at her while she's asleep and I always end up thinking how fast she has grown from the tiny fragile infant that came out from my tummy. She started communicating with just her cries when she wanted something and now I can't stop her from talking even if I find it hard to understand some words.

She imitates almost everything she hears.

One time she was eating ice cream on a waffle cone. I asked her if I can hold it for her.

Princess: No mommy I'll hold it!
Mommy: okay, but can you share it with mommy?
She gave me the ice cream and reminded me
Princess: Not too big mommy okay?
(We usually tell this to her when she's eating, "not too big" on her bites for her
not choke)

Hubby was calling Juana saying "Juana! Juana! Juana!" Princess talked as if reprimanding her dad.

Princess: Daddy, do't say Juana. Say A-te Jua-na!

That's what we usually tell her when she imitates us in calling her yaya, she'd say Juana and we will remind her to call her yaya the proper way.

She now has her way to reason out and give us naughty answers.

After a night bath, I was putting on her nappy when she gave me nasty smelling bottom burp and I said,


Mommy:Oh my! That smells so awful anak!!!
Princess: Ichokay mommy, ichokay (saying this while rubbing my shoulders as if trying to console me) LOL!!!

She saw her dad eating chocolates and I tried hiding it from her.

Princess: No mommy that's bad, shey okay? (share)

Hubby and I can't help but laugh and I ended up giving her some chocolate.


She has her way to show me that she cares when I'm mad or sad.


When she feels that I'm angry at something she did.

Princess: Mommy a you mad? a you mad mommy?
Mommy: Yeah, I am. I didn't like what you just did.
Princess: Soyi na soyi na po ha? (then she'll give me her sweetest kiss and will give her heart-melting smile)

One time she caught me crying when dad & I had some misunderstanding.

Princess: Mommy a you taying? A you dud?
Mommy: Yes sweety but mommy's ok, I'm good don't worry.
Princess: Okay (then she'll tap me on my back and will give me a kiss)
Isn't she the sweetest?


Haaay... Time flies really fast. How I wish I could freeze this moment so she will stay young and I won't have to let her go someday. *sniff sniff*

2 comments:

Daiz said...

Wow, Aizel's a chatterbox na rin. Katawa naman yung "ichokay" nya. It's really bittersweet to be seeing our kids grow up so fast.

Lot said...

Aww, Aize is so sweet and smart! They say baby girls are more expressive than baby boys. Am excited to find out if this stands true :-)

Congrats to you for nurturing a good natured child.