Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Second thoughts...

Late last year, I discussed to hubby the idea of me pursuing my career outside the country, of course that would mean we all have to go and start a new life there. He agreed and were very supportive of me during my review, he provided everything that I needed, he even drop me off my review center and pick me up as well when he can. When we discussed it to some of our relatives and friends, they were very surprised with our decision. I've heard some of them said, "why do you need to do that when you can live a very comfortable life here?", others said, "it'll be very hard if you go coz there you'll do everything on your own". I got their point, I've thought about it too, I know It'll be very hard to start a new life there knowing that we got used to being comfortable in our own country and the idea that we will live far from our relatives is one thing that makes me really sad. But I wanted to do it for a reason that would benefit not only me but the whole family, for our precious angel's future. I know I have my personal reason, that is to fulfill my dream of having to pursue my real profession but most of all it's for my family's future I am more concerned about.

Last week while hubby and I are having a chat in our bedroom, he mentioned something that I wasn't expecting. I thought he's ready to leave and try a different journey, I thought I was able to convinced him. He said to me, "do we really need to go and try our luck there?" "We're living a comfortable life here, why should we give this up?" A moment of silence and my mind started to think of things I had planned. I replied to him and said "You know what, you're confusing my mind". I didn't know he was having second thoughts about us migrating. Now I'm confused, should I continue what I'm doing or should I just let him decide for us? I just told myself, I'll take the exam and if I pass, that's the time we will have to decide if we will go or we will stay.

2 comments:

Christianne said...

I hope you and hubby can make the best decision for your family :)

Mommy Len said...

Thanks, until now he's still more on staying here and actually planning to build our dream house, haaay... i'm so confused and distracted i might say, how can i concentrate on my review if i'm not so sure that we will push through with the old plan.