Saturday, July 7, 2007

Does She Have a Sharp Memory?

My princess is growing really fast (she's 26 months now) and I'm proud to say she's a smart little girl. It seems to me that she has a good memory, she's very observant & loves discovering things. She knows a lot of Nursery Rhymes now. Although her words aren't that clear yet, she knows most of the lines from the songs. Here are some of it that she knows; (these are what I can recall so far)

Jesus Loves Me
I Love You Song (Barney's theme)
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
Mr. Sun
Baa Baa Black Sheep
The Alphabet Song
Skip to My Lou
Row Row Row Your Boat
Sit Down, You're Rocking the Boat
My Toes, My Knees...
Me and My Teddy
You Are My Sunshine
Mary Had a Little Lamb
Itsy Bitsy Spider
The More We Get Together
Old McDonald
One Two Buckle My Shoe
Rain Rain Go Away
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
The Wheels On the Bus
Ring Aroung the Rosie
Dora The Explorer Songs
Backyardigans Theme and some songs
Songs from her Gymboree class

When we're praying at night, I wouldn't have to remind her the names of our loved ones that we're praying for. I was surprised to hear her count from 1-20 the other day while she was playing with her blocks (I know it's not too much but I'm still proud of her). Every time she watches her favorite shows, which has a lot of episodes, she can recall the next scenes even without looking at the screen. She knows how to operate her DVD player and I wouldn't be surprise if one day she'll be able to use my laptop too. I was wondering if she really has a sharp memory or it's just normal for her age.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Len, you seem to be doing a great job with the little princess! I'm sure it's because of a good mix of good genes and the time you've spent reading/singing/playing with her ;)

May said...

Smart nga si little girl. Good job, mommy!

Anonymous said...

Wow, the princess is so smart!! :) im sure youre so proud Len!

Mommy Len said...

chats- thank you, sana nga she'll continue to be interested pag nagtuturo ako sa kanya.

may - thank you!

pau - thanks, I really am.

Christianne said...

Galing galing ni Aizel! I wonder when Annika will start singing and reciting, matagal pa siguro... halo ng 3 languages ang babbling niya e, hehe