Thursday, September 27, 2007

Who Said Beggars Can't Be Choosers?

I was about to go out this morning when I heard the door bell ringing. When I asked who was on the gate, a man's voice replied "sulat!", so I went out to grab the mail but when I opened the gate, a group of beggar was outside and one of them tried to hand me an empty envelope, obviously he wants me to put some money inside. I have to admit I got really annoyed with their style of asking for some help. I seldom give money when some indigents are asking for help so I went inside, looked in my fridge and took some breads and other food which they can readily eat. When I handed the food to them, the man said in a demanding tone, "walang pera?" I got so annoyed but I don't want to ruin my day so I went back inside and pretended that I didn't hear anything. I really wanted to get back to him, to tell him that he should at least be thankful for what I gave them but I realized my deed of wanting to help in my own way would make no sense If I will loose my patience.

4 comments:

Daiz said...

Marami talagang tamad dito sa 'ten. Ang lalaki ng katawan, ayaw magtrabaho ng maayos. Tsktsk!

Mars said...

I have my own LONG share of stories re: beggars. Naku, minsan talagang nakakainis yung iba. May mga nananamantala pa nga eh, ultimo pampalibing ng lolo ng kapitbahay hinihingi nila at ginagamit pa ang name ng barangay captain ng kung saang lupalop. Grrr!

Mommy Len said...

daiz, sinabi mo pa, mas malakas pa nga sa lolo ko eh.

mars, same here di rin nawawala yang mga ganyan kunyari namatayan, minsan pa reseta ng gamot na lumang luma na.

Unknown said...

Ahahahaha! that is so funny ... panalo tlaga these people no?