Sunday, June 3, 2007

Bangus Sticks


I was about to cook Sinigang na Bangus sa Miso, all ingredients were ready but then I thought of making a different one instead of the usual Bangus recipes. So here, I don't actually know how to call it. When hubby asked what was it, I just said, Bangus Sticks. It was my first time to try this so I'm not so sure with the measurements of some ingredients.

1 pc. Large size Boneless Bangus (milkfish)
1 pc Bread (size of a hotdog bun), diced
1 pc Egg
1/4 cup milk
Onion (chopped thinly)
A dash of All Spice
salt & pepper to taste
Imported Bread Crumbs
Oil for frying

Dip:
Garlic Mayo -just add finely chopped garlic to mayonaise - Kraft Mayonaise is my personal choice because of it's sweet taste.
OR
Sweet & Sour Sauce

Side Dish:
Finely sliced Fresh Cabbage topped with Japanese Mayonaise
Procedure:

1. Boil Bangus until cooked, remove skin and the remaining bones,set aside.
2. In a different bowl, combine the diced bread, egg, milk & onion. Mix until well blended.
3. Add the Bangus, All Spice, salt & pepper. Mix well.
4. Scoop a mixture of the bangus and form a stick (depending on the size that you want)
5. Dip it on the imported Bread Crumbs until covered.
6. Fry until golden brown

No comments: